Alcohol Server, Pawn Shop Employee, and Precious Metal Dealer Permits may be obtained at the Cobb County Police Headquarters.
Cobb County Police Department Headquarters
154 North Marietta Pkwy
Marietta, GA 30060
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The cost of a permit is $30.00 (Visa/MasterCard/Cash - NO CHECKS).
Proper valid identification is required before the acceptance of the application (see below for acceptable types of identification)
- Driver's License
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- State Approved ID
Managers and licensees must be aware that you can be cited and your privilege license may be in jeopardy if employees are found to be working without the required permit or if an employee is caught providing alcohol to a minor.
If your employee is not a citizen of the United States, he/she will be asked to provide an alien registration card (Green Card), a work authorization card, or an 1-94 card issued by the United States Department of Immigration. The alien registration number is not acceptable. We must have the card to copy it for our files.
If your employee is a naturalized citizen of the United States, he/she will be asked to provide a naturalization certificate. He/she will be asked to bring in their original certificate for this office to review.
This office reserves the right to request from applicant, any document needed to accurately complete the background investigation. (driver's license, birth certificates, social security cards, naturalization certificates, etc.)
Alcohol Beverage Work Permits
Alcohol permits are required of the following:
- Grocery stores and drug stores - persons acting in a managerial capacity are required to have a valid alcohol permit.
- Convenience stores, package stores, and liquor stores - all employees are required to have a valid alcohol permit.
- Businesses with a pouring license (e.g. restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc.) - all managers, assistant managers, waitresses, waiters, servers, food runners, security personnel, bartenders, bouncers, etc. must have a valid alcohol permit. We do not distinguish between food servers and alcohol servers. Busboys, cooks, dishwashers, hosts, hostesses, maintenance, and administrative staff are excluded from the permit requirement.
There is no grace period for employees in training.
Hours and Sales
Hours for Selling Packaged Alcohol
- Liquor by package - Monday - Saturday: 8 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.
- Beer and Wine by package - Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m.; Saturday: 6 a.m. 12 a.m.
- Sunday Sales by package - 12:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Hours for Sales by the Drink On-Premise Consumption
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 2:55 a.m.
- Sunday: 12:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
*Note* Only restaurants having a "SUNDAY SALES" business license may sell alcoholic beverages on Sunday.
- Sales are permitted on both local and national election days.
- Sales are permitted on all holidays except Christmas Day provided the holidays are within the allowed hours and days. Sales on Christmas Day are not allowed under any circumstances as per Georgia Law.
- Legal age to serve alcohol is 18. Legal age to be served is 21.