Entering Autos Alert
Cobb County Police Department has seen a steady increase in vehicles being broken into. As the weather starts to warm up, more people are out and about and unfortunately, criminals are, too.
We encourage you to follow these tips to reduce the chance of you being targeted:
- LOCK YOUR VEHICLES. Whether your vehicle is in your garage or parked at a shopping center, it is very important that your vehicle is locked. Criminals often target vehicles that require little effort to enter.
- TAKE VALUABLES WITH YOU. Every time you exit the vehicle, you should remove all items of value. Laptops, GPS systems, cash, cell phones, and especially firearms are rewards for criminals who might break into your vehicle.
- HIDE YOUR VALUABLES. If you are out doing errands, hide valuable items prior to parking your vehicle and going into another store. Criminals have been known to walk through parking lots or sit in a vehicle and watch people as they pull in and hide items. By hiding items prior to parking, it increases the amount of time criminals need to search for valuable items and makes their ventures less fruitful.
- INSTALL CAMERAS AND CHECK THEM REGULARLY. Security footage, such as the footage attached below, helps investigators identify and place lookouts for subjects involved in vehicle break-ins.
- REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY. As always, if you see something suspicious, say something. You can either call 911 or 770-499-3911 (non-emergency number) to report suspicious activity.