- Acworth PD
- Austell PD
- Cobb PD
- Cobb Sheriff's Office
- Kennesaw PD
- Marietta PD
- Powder Springs PD
- Smyrna PD
- The National Fire Prevention Council's mission is to make residential, commercial and industrial sectors fire safe by promoting fire safety and prevention awareness to the public.
- The US Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration - Fire Safety Advisor.
- The US Fire Administration Website includes a variety of facts on fire, a fire safety directory, a spotlight fire prevention and also a kids page.
- New York State Fire & Prevention Control provides a detailed list of services, publications and information on fire safety and prevention.
- The Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition's website offers information about home fire sprinklers and how to protect your family and home from fires. Be sure to visit the builders section.
- Governor's Office of Highway Safety has tips for bicycle and pedestrian safety, traffic enforcement, auto occupant protection, community outreach programs, publications, news archives and federal, state and local statistics on traffic crashes.
- Georgia Department of Human Resources has information and resources on aging, family and children, mental health, developmental disabilities, addicitive diseases and public health.
- Georgia DHR's Division of Public Health has a health alert network plus publications on a wide-variety of topics, including such hot topics as bioterrorism, food services and pool inspections by county, and west nile virus.
- CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control has fact sheets on a wide-variety of topics; adolecent injury, poisonings, teen drivers and much more. Data, prevention tips and resources on violence, unintentional injury and injury care. Spotlights page highlights calendar of national injury prevention campaigns.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Government Food Safety Information
- Maryland Department of Community & Family Health
- World Health Organization Dept. of Injuries and Violence Prevention
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- FEMA - Are you Ready?
- FEMA - Disaster Supplies Kit
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- American Red Cross
- The Salvation Army
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Severe Weather Safety Page
- Disaster Research Center
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, National Floodrisk Management Program
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is a federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide. They have a significant library of gang information available to sort by title and date. Everything from evaluation of gang intervention programs to national youth gang surveys.
Institute for Intergovernmental Research's (IIR) National Youth Gang Center conducts assessments of the scope and characteristics of youth gang activity in the United States, develops resources and makes them available to the field, and provides training and technical assistance in support of community-based prevention, intervention, and suppression efforts. They have a compilation of gang related legislation by state, a listing of promising gang program strategies, links to news articles, publications and you can sign-up to join a Listserv (GANGINFO) for discussion of suppression, intervention and prevention of youth gang crime.
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), The Office strives to enable the juvenile justice system to better protect public safety, hold offenders accountable, and provide services tailored to the needs of youth and their families. They have a great search engine for model programs, host for Communities Respond to Youth Gangs in America 8/11/2005 Video conference 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET, Satellite/Web based, list of relevant OJJDP publications, programs, funding opportunities, events, and other resources.
Center for Substance Abuse Prevention at SAMHSA Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, offers a strategic prevention platform, research-based model programs list, national survey data, links to all kinds of resources and interactive tools for problem assessment, capacity building, planning, implementation and evaluation. Programs effectively addressing risk and resiliency factors produce positive outcomes useful for both drug and gang prevention.
The U.S Department of Education's Higher Education Center for Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Violence Prevention provides information regarding various initiatives and a clearinghouse for publications on alcohol and other drugs and related subjects such as bullying, violence and gangs.