Find out why the fire service is one of the best career choices you can make. View available positions and apply.
For questions, contact our recruiters from Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services via email at [email protected] or call (678) 581-5477.
Eligible for health and dental coverage, retirement plan, life insurance, long term disability insurance, and deferred compensation.
Paid Vacation Leave
- 13 days per year / 1 year of service
- 15 days per year / 5 years of service
- 20 days per year / 10 years of service
- 22 days per year / 15 years of service
- 25 days per year / 20 years of service
11 paid holidays per year
Paid Sick Leave
Accumulates at 4.0 hours per biweekly
Paid Military Leave
Up to 18 days per year
Bereavement Leave Policy
Full time employees will receive up to  days of bereavement leave with pay for  hours. Employees working in part time positions shall be eligible for bereavement leave equal to  part time days off with pay.
Additional Benefits Available to Firefighters
- State of Georgia Firefighters' Pension Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Death Benefit Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Flower Fund
- Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services Benevolent Fund
Education Incentive Pay
- $1,000 Associates Degree
- $2,000 Bachelors Degree
- $3,000 Masters Degree
Lateral Entry Salary
Applicants may be eligible for up to 10% increase based on years of experience (subject to program requirements)
$41,620 - After 18 months probationary period, salary increases by 5%
Additional 5%-10% Differential Pay for certified paramedics after completion of recruit school