Adult and Youth Athletics
If you are a returning team and already have your PIN # and Log-in ID #, you can register your team online. Additional information will be required from the team manager.
New teams must register in person.
After registering, a receipt will be mailed to you or be given to you if you registered in person. For some sports, there will be a manager’s meeting to discuss rules and regulations and hand out the schedules. If there isn’t a meeting the team manager will receive the schedule & via email or it can be acquired form our web site on a given date.
No. All teams must register again each season in every sport. We send out registration information to returning teams. Teams are considered returning if they participated in the same league/park as the previous year. (2017 Spring/Summer to 2018 Spring/Summer – not Fall 2017)
Yes, registration is opened up to new teams only after the priority period set aside for returning teams has been completed.
- Softball: Mid February for Spring/Summer, mid July for Fall
- Kickball: Mid February for Spring/Summer, mid July for Fall
- Football: Mid November Winter, early February for Spring and Mid August for Fall
- Basketball: Early May for Summer, Early October for Winter
- Softball: $400 Spring/Summer; $400 Fall – 10 games
- Kickball: $250 Spring/Summer; $250 Fall – 10 games
- Football: $450 Winter, Spring & Fall – 7 games
- Basketball: $350 Winter; $350 Summer – 7 games + tournament for the top teams
Fees cover costs of officials, balls, scorekeepers, user fees, t-shirts and team trophy for the league champions.
The full registration fee is due at the time of registration. You can pay by cash, check, money order or credit card (MasterCard or VISA).
No. We register teams only.
- Softball: 2 seasons (Spring/Summer and Fall)
- Kickball: 2 seasons (Spring/Summer and Fall)
- Flag Football: 3 seasons (Spring, Fall, and Winter) - GRPA Championship play-off is included in the Fall fee
- Basketball: 2 seasons (Summer and Winter)
All games are usually scheduled one night per week, Mondays through Fridays in the evenings. We do not play games on weekends unless it becomes necessary to use weekends to make up games that have been rained out.
Games are scheduled whenever Cobb County Government employees are required to work. Games are not scheduled on Good Friday, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We do schedule games on Halloween, however, since this is not an official national holiday. We also schedule games during the spring and/or fall breaks of all local school districts.
PARKS reserves the right to drop a team from the league if the team forfeits more than 2 league games during the season. No refunds are given.
Cobb PARKS uses rainedout.net for weather updates and general information regarding our adult softball leagues. If you want to receive an automated text or email about field closures please go to rainedout.net register.
- Text ALBISHOP to 84483 to receive Al Bishop Complex alerts
- Text SKIPWELLS to 84483 to receive Skip Wells Park (formerly Bells Ferry Park) alerts
- Text KENNWORTH to 84483 to receive Kennworth Park alerts
- Text NICKAJACK to 84483 to receive Nickajack Park alerts
- Text TERRELL to 84483 to receive Terrell Mill Park alerts
If possible, we will include that information on the rained out message for your park. We will post make-up information on our website and at your playing location. In order to minimize verbal errors, we prefer not to give out schedule information or make-up information over the phone.
- Flag Football: Men's Open and Coed
- Kickball: Coed
- Basketball: Men's B, Men's C, Men’s D and Women’s open. Men’s B is the more competitive league
- Softball: Major (5 Home runs), Competitive (3 Home runs) and Recreational (1 Home run)
For each sport we maintain a “free agents” list of individuals wishing to get on a team. You can call the Adult Athletic office at (770) 528-8860 to leave your name, phone number, sport and position you are interested in, and level of play. Occasionally, this free agent list of individuals wishing to play is requested by managers who find that they have insufficient numbers to make up a team. We do not put individuals in direct contact with managers. Submitting your name does not guarantee that a team will contact you.
For softball, kickball and football go out to the park where the adult leagues are scheduled and talk to the teams/players. Take your equipment in case they need you immediately. For basketball, go to the gym where games are being played to see if there is a chance to be added to a team. Basketball games are played from November-February and from June to July at Fullers Recreation Center located at 3499 Robinson Rd, Marietta, Ron Anderson Recreation Center located at 3820 Macedonia Rd, Powder Springs and Ward Recreation Center located at 4845 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs.
League schedules are listed for each sport on the Adult Athletics page.
- Softball: 16
- Kickball: 18
- Football and Basketball: 18 (Open Leagues) and 16 (Church Leagues)
Softball, Football, Basketball and Kickball: 25
Coed softball teams must start with 4 males and 4 females. The pitcher and catcher must be of opposite sex, and there must be 2 men and 2 women on the infield and 2 men and 2 women in the outfield. For coed football, there must be a total of 6 players (3 men and 3 women)
No. That manager might tell you that he/she is not planning to play. That team could then show up and win by forfeit. Managers should call in a forfeit to their League Coordinator. Depending on timing, we will then do everything we can to let the other team know that there has been an official forfeit.
First place and second place teams will receive their awards after the championship game or their last game of the season.