Tax Information 2023
AARP Tax Aide volunteers will be providing free tax preparation assistance at four Cobb County Public Libraries. All appointments must be made in advance. Tax aides will not service walk-in patrons on the same day. See information below for hours.
For the do-it-yourself tax preparer, while supplies last Cobb County libraries are making available federal 2022 1040 tax forms and instruction booklets to area residents. Libraries also will offer free printing of federal and state forms, up to 10 pages. This service does not include instruction books.
Library staff is unable to answer tax questions or provide advice about which forms to use. Residents are encouraged to review tax-filing information at irs.gov and dor.georgia.gov for details that apply to individual circumstances, including virtual resources for tax-filing assistance.
As of this writing, the deadline to file tax returns, request extensions, or pay owed taxes is Tuesday, April 18, 2023 for both Federal and Georgia tax returns.
AARP Tax-Aide Volunteers at Libraries
AARP is providing in-person tax assistance BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the following Cobb libraries. Walk-ins may make a future appointment with the tax preparer, but may not expect a same day appointment.
Gritters Library | Mondays, February 6 - April 17, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment
East Cobb Library | Tuesdays, February 7 - April 18, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
Mountain View Regional Library | Thursdays, February 2 - April 13, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment
Switzer Library | Thursdays, February 2 - April 13, 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
Find other AARP Tax-Aide Sites in Cobb County here.
Helpful Websites and Services
- Forms and Publication Orders: (800) 829-3676
- Tax Information: (800) 829-1040
- Recorded Tax & Refund Information: (800) 829-4477
- Federal Taxpayer Advocate Service of the IRS: (404) 338-8099
- TDD Equipment: (800) 829-4059
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Taxpayer Information Program & Service: (404) 417-4477
- Georgia Tax Questions or Tax Assistance: (877) 423-6711
- Click here to request help online or find in-person assistance. The site also lists documentation required to receive service and other resources for do-it-yourselfers: https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Click here to find if and where VITA staff is providing in-person service: https://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/