Free Summer Lunch Program Events at Cobb County Libraries in June and July
Cobb County Public Library is teaming up with Georgia Educational Resources (GER) to host Free Summer Food Service Program food distribution events in June and July for children ages 18 and younger.
Children will receive seven days of breakfast and lunch emergency meals on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Distribution will take place in library parking lots at six locations across the county. Recipients will remain in their cars.
The Cobb library continues to seek ways to partner with community agencies to help address food insecurity in Cobb County, said Terri Tresp, Division Director of Branch Services.
“We’re a learning organization and children struggle to learn when they are hungry,” Tresp said. “We worked with GER last summer at one library location. This year, we’re thrilled to be able to expand service to more residents.”
Cobb Libraries hosting the drive-through food events in June and July include:
- Switzer Library, 266 Roswell Street, Marietta: 10 am-noon Thursdays, June 10-July 29. 770-528-2320
- Stratton Library, 1100 Powder Springs Road, Marietta: 1:30-3:30 pm Thursdays, June 10-July 29. 770-528-2522
- South Cobb Regional Library, 805 Clay Road, Mableton: Fridays, June 11-July 30, 10 am to noon. 678-398-5828
Libraries offering the food events on Tuesdays in June include:
- Mountain View Regional Library, 3320 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta: 10 am-11 am Tuesdays, June 8-29. 770-509-2725
- Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Road, Marietta: Noon to 1 pm Tuesdays, June 8-29. 770-528-2524
- Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center, 2051 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta: 2-3 pm, Tuesdays, June 8-29. 770-509-2711
Georgia Educational Resources, a children and family social service agency based in Mableton, is a certified SFSP sponsor which provides food to distribution sites. The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program has helped feed children since 1975. The program is administered locally by the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning.