The Board of Trustees is charged with administering fully and managing financially the Pension Fund for County employees including the necessity of hiring financial and legal experts from time to time to assist with the administration of said funds; the Board has the responsibility of selecting and retaining investment managers and a custodian for all assets of the Pension Plan.
The Board of Trustees is charged with the duty of investing assets of the Pension Plan in a prudent manner such that the safety of the principal funds is preserved while providing reasonable returns and, in general, avoiding speculative investments.
The Board of Trustees consists of five (5) members as follows:
- (1) the Director of the Cobb County Human Resources Department;
- (2) the Finance Director of Cobb County;
- (3) a County Manager Representative;
- (4) two (2) BOC appointees. The two (2) BOC appointees, after initially staggered terms, serve three (3) year terms and serve at the pleasure of the BOC.
Members of the Board of Trustees receive no compensation.
|Human Resources Director||Tony Hagler||January 1, 2001||Continuing|
|Finance Director||Bill Volckmann||April 25, 2017||Continuing|
|County Manager Representative||Virgil Moon||July 7, 2017||Continuing|
|Elected Official||Sheriff Neil Warren||November 19, 2019||December 31, 2022|
|Private Sector Representative||Roger Tutterow||November 19, 2019||December 31, 2022|
The Cobb County Board of Trustees hereby designates the following dates of its regular board meetings. Meetings will be held in the:
Board of Commissioner's Meeting Room
100 Cherokee Street, 2nd Floor
Marietta, GA 30090
- Wednesday, March 4 | 8 a.m. | 4th Quarter Reports
- Wednesday, May 6 | 8 a.m. | 1st Quarter Reports
- Wednesday, June 3 | 8 a.m. |Actuary Report Review*
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 | 8 a.m. | 2nd Quarter Reports
- Wednesday, December 2 | 8 a.m. | 3rd Quarter Reports