Cobb County has contracted with Espyr to provide employees and their family members with a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP). All full- and part-time employees have access to the program for up to three counseling sessions per problem.
For EAP services, call 800-869-0276 or visit espyr.com and enter the password: cobbcounty.
Services are free and confidential, within the bounds of the law. EAP is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides the following services:
- Legal consultation provided by attorneys. Simple Will preparation. Twenty-four-hour emergency services, consultation with a mediator, consultation with a fraud/ID theft specialist are also included. A twenty-five percent discount off the mediator or attorney fees for services rendered beyond the EAP.
- Financial consultation regarding debt matters, investment options, money management, tax preparation and retirement planning. A twenty-five percent discount off the provider or CPA fees for services rendered beyond the EAP.
- Child care information and referrals for all types of child care, as well as camps and schools.
- Elder care services to assess elder care needs, locate resources, and arrange referrals.
- Adoption specialists share information, organize and arrange referrals for all stages of this process.
- Academic resources including customized profiles of kindergarten through graduate school. College planning guidebooks are available. Referrals to tutors are available.
- Pet care services that offer referrals to breeders, groomers, walkers, sitters, kennels, vets, and pet publications.
- Special needs services and referral to assess employee needs, educate, and make referrals for various special needs affecting employees and their families such as heart disease, ADHD, disabilities, diabetes and more.
Employee Assistance Program Online
The website offers educational screenings, assessments, videos, quizzes, courses, articles, financial calculators, child and eldercare service locators and much more. You may even confidentially request EAP services from the site. Topics covered include:
- Emotional Well-being
- Relationships and Parenting
- Health and Wellness
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Monthly Webinars
The Espyr app provides 24/7 access to resources including requesting services.
Download the free app from the Apple Store or the Google Play. Your code is: cobbcounty