Cobb County has contracted with Deer Oaks EAP Services to provide employees and their family members with a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP). All full- and part-time employees have access to the program for up to three counseling sessions per problem.
Deer Oaks has created two help lines to assist with Cobb's unique counseling needs. They are:
- 888-993-7650 (General)
- 833-253-1129 (First responders—Fire, Police, Sheriff, 911)
Employees can also visit www.deeroakseap.com and select Member Login. The username and password are both cobbcounty.
Services are free and confidential, within the bounds of the law. EAP is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides easy access to the following services:
- Program Access: You may access the EAP by calling the toll-free Helpline number, using our iConnectYou App, or instant messaging with a work-life consultant through the online instant messaging system. Telephonic Assessments & Support: In-the-moment telephonic support and crisis intervention are available 24/7 along with intake and clinical assessments.
- Short-term Counseling: Counseling sessions with a qualified counselor to assist with issues such as stress, anxiety, grief, marital/family challenges, relationship issues, addiction, etc. Counseling is available via structured telephonic sessions, video, and in-person at local provider offices.
- Advantage Legal Assist: Free 30 minute telephonic or in-person consultation with a plan attorney; 25% discount on hourly attorney fees if representation is required; unlimited online legal resources, links, tools and forms; and interactive online simple will preparation.
- Advantage Financial Assist: Unlimited telephonic consultation with an accredited financial counselor qualified to advise on a range of financial issues such as bankruptcy prevention, debt reduction, financial planning, and identity theft; supporting educational materials available; unlimited online access to a wealth of educational financial resources, links, tools and forms (i.e. tax guides, financial calculators, etc.).
- Alternate Modes of Support: Your EAP offers support alternatives in addition to traditional short-term counseling including telephonic life coaching, AWARE stress reduction sessions, and virtual group counseling. During your call with one of our counselors, ask if these programs would be right for you.
- Work-life Services: Our work-life consultants are available to assist you with a wide range of daily living resources such as locating pet sitters, event planners, home repair, tutors, travel planning, and moving services. Simply call the Helpline for resource and referral information.
- Childcare and Eldercare Referrals: Our childcare and eldercare specialists can help you with your search for licensed care facilities in your area. They will discuss your needs, provide guidance, resources, and qualified referral packets. Searchable databases and other resources are also available on the Deer Oaks member website.
- Take the High Road Ride Reimbursement Program: Deer Oaks reimburses members for their cab, Lyft and Uber fares in the event that they are incapacitated due to impairment by a substance or extreme emotional condition. This service is available once per year per participant, with a maximum reimbursement of $45.00 (excludes tips).
Employee Assistance Program Online
The website offers educational screenings, assessments, videos, quizzes, courses, articles, financial calculators, childcare and eldercare service locators and much more. You may even confidentially request EAP services from the site. Topics covered include:
- Emotional Well-being
- Relationships and Parenting
- Health and Wellness
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Monthly Webinars
The iConnectYou app provides 24/7 access to resources including requesting services.
Download the free app from the Apple Store or Google Play. iConnectYou passcode: 248575.