Current Judicial Orders and Guidelines
Chief Judge Robert Leonard, Superior Court of Cobb County
- Order Amending Courthouse Safety Guidelines and Plan To Resume Jury Trials
- Order Declaring Safety Guidelines for Resuming Grand Jury Proceedings
- Order Amending Courthouse Safety Guidelines and Suspending Plan To Resume Jury Trials
- Order Declaring Judicial Emergency
- Second Order Extending Judicial Emergency
- Third Order Extending Judicial Emergency
- Fifth Order Extending Judicial Emergency
- July Adjournment Order (July 10, 2020)
- Grand Jury Adjournment Order
- Press Release: JURY TRIALS TO RESUME IN GEORGIA, AGAIN (Supreme Court of Georgia)
- Press Release: STATEWIDE JUDICIAL EMERGENCY EXTENDED (Supreme Court of Georgia)
- Memorandum (4/13/20): Court Operating Procedures
- Memorandum (5/12/20): General Safety Guidelines For All Courts in Cobb County
- Notice to the Bar and Public Regarding Safety at The Courthouse (July 10, 2020)
- Notice to Criminal Defense Bar: Court Operating Procedures
- Notice to Criminal Defense Bar: Scheduling Nonessential Matters
- Notice: Civil & Domestic Pretrial Conferences and/or Ruling on the Briefs
- Notice: Domestic Relations Custody Orders for School and Holiday Visitation
- Clarification: Domestic Relations Custody Orders for Visitation
For info on other Cobb Courts (Probate, Magistrate, State, etc.) visit the main Cobb County COVID-19 page here, and refer to the COURT SYSTEM Information section.
Justice Harold D. Melton, Supreme Court of Georgia
Judicial Orders (Current)
- Twelfth Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency Order
- Past Orders
- Eleventh Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency Order
- Sixth Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency Order
- Order Declaring Statewide Judicial Emergency
- Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency (through May 13, 2020 )
- Second Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency (through June 12, 2020)
- Third Order Extending Statewide Judicial Emergency (through July 12, 2020)
- Guidance on Grand Jury Proceedings
Court Program Updates
All mediations suspended through expiration of judicial emergency order.
From The Court to the Classroom: Mock Trials/School Visits
All mock trials, school visits, and courthouse tours are cancelled until further notice.
Accountability Court Updates
SUPERIOR COURT ACCOUNTABILITY COURTS shall be at the discretion of the Presiding Judge of each Accountability Court. They will be conducted from an open courtroom via video conference. Participants are excused from reporting in person to the courtroom proceedings during the Judicial Emergency, but will attend via video conference. Please contact the Accountability Court’s Coordinator or Case Manager if you have questions.
Veterans Treatment Court
Watch this short video to see how Cobb Veterans Treatment Court finds new ways to hold court while keeping veteran participants safe during the Judicial Emergency Order.