Yarn Storm 2021; calling all knitters and crocheters #WorldElderAbuseAwarenessDay
Cobb County Government together with the Cobb District Attorney's Office and liveSafe Resources are working on a Yarn Storm project in recognition of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15, 2021.
We are accepting donations of knitted or crocheted 6-inch squares, 10-inch squares and mini dolls (amigurumi) to represent our elders. All handcrafted items will be used to install yarn-covered displays for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15. These squares or dolls can be any color or design. All yarn crafted items must be received by Friday, June 4.
Ship or drop off your completed to squares to 48 Henderson Street Marietta, Ga 30064. There will be a bin located outside of our front door for your donations.
Other drop off locations include
• Cobb Senior Wellness Center, 1150 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, GA 30064
• Freeman Poole Senior Center, 4025 South Hurt Road, Smyrna, GA 30082
• N. Cobb Senior Center, 3900 South Main Street (inside Kennworth Park), Acworth, GA 30101
• Tim D. Lee Senior Center, 3332 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, GA 30066
• W. Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Hwy, Powder Springs, GA 30127
For additional information, please visit www.cobbcounty.org/WEAAD
Download shareable social media image here.
Cobb County Communications Office