Mask Requirement For Those Entering County Facilities
Starting today masks are required to be worn while entering Cobb County government buildings. This includes government offices, libraries, senior centers, and other county-run facilities.
This is in response to the rapid rise in COVID cases, both in the public and among the county staff.
- This does NOT apply to outdoor facilities such as our parks or amphitheater.
- This does apply to county government employees.
- The courthouse complex has continued to require masks throughout the year.
- This does NOT apply to the county’s school district which is a separate governmental entity.
- Social distancing will be implemented for public meetings, limiting the number of people inside the room.
The requirement started Friday, August 20. It comes the day after the county’s Chairwoman signed a Declaration of Emergency concerning the latest COVID surge. Details on that can be found at https://www.cobbcounty.org/communications/news/chairwoman-signs-declaration-emergency-over-covid-surge
Cobb County Communications | [email protected] | 770-528-1155