Home Depot Expands in Cobb! (VIDEO)
Governor Brian Kemp came to Cobb for another exciting economic announcement. Home Depot doesn’t just cut a ribbon to open a new facility, they use a reciprocating saw! A new complex opened in the Cumberland area will house hundreds of employees, many of them new to Cobb, mostly doing digital and high-tech jobs.
450 are already working at the Pennant Park complex. Eventually more than one thousand could be working at the facility.
- The new facility will be home to associates from teams across HD business, including Supply Chain, Information Technology, and HD Home.
- With this new addition, HD is increasing their contribution to and footprint in Cobb County’s dynamic business environment
- 700 new employees average wage of $100,000
- creating an estimated 179 new households within Cobb
- Jobs consist of Information Technology and Logistics
- Renovations of existing buildings with an estimated capital investment of nearly $35M
- PLUS additional investment of approx. $7M in personal property.
- The net fiscal benefit of this project over the next 12 years is $1.7M to Cobb County
Ross Cavitt | Cobb County Communications | [email protected]