Braves Celebration Planned for Cobb Friday - Plan Ahead!
November 4, 2021 - Fans heading to the Cumberland area to participate in Friday’s Braves World Series Championship parade are being advised to arrive in the area early and anticipate heavy traffic in the area throughout the day.
The procession through Cumberland is expected to start at 2 p.m. It will start on Cobb Parkway at Riverwood Parkway and proceed to Cobb Parkway at Battery Avenue.
Here is some advice if you are planning on joining the celebration:
- Fans who receive tickets to the celebration inside Truist Park should get parking at the time they secure their tickets and proceed directly to the stadium. Braves parking lots will open at 9 a.m. and require a purchased ticket.
- Anyone coming to watch the parade procession should plan on heavy traffic and avoid Cobb Parkway. People are advised to carpool, use a ride service, and use a traffic app like Waze to get into the area.
- Road closures along and near the parade route could start as early as 10 a.m.
- Most of the parking along the parade route is privately owned, so fans should make sure they find a lot that is available for celebration parking.
- Anyone who watches the procession south of I-285 and wants to walk toward Battery Atlanta should NOT attempt to cross under the interstate along Cobb Parkway. They should instead use the pedestrian bridge accessible from the Galleria parking lot.
- To ensure the safety of all guests, The Battery Atlanta will have limited capacity during the celebration. Access for non-ticket holders will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
See the attached map for road closures in the area. Cumberland Boulevard will be the primary detour route during much of the day.
Thank you and Go Braves!