BOC resolution of July 10, 2012.
Created to assist the Board of Commissioners in fulfilling its oversight of compensation and benefits for county employees.
Shall consist of five (5) members:
- Chairman, Board of Commissioners;
- One District Commissioner;
- One elected official;
- Two (2) residents with expertise in the areas of compensation and benefits.
District Commissioners will serve on a rotating basis annually: District 1 will serve for the remainder of 2012 and 2013 and District 2 Commissioner will serve for 2014.
Citizen members will be appointed by a majority vote of the Board of Commissioners.Citizen members will serve at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners and may be removed at any time, with or without cause.
The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners shall serve as the Chairman of the committee and all other officers shall be elected by the committee. The committee will determine its purpose and develop its charter and present to the Board of Commissioners for adoption.
The committee has no power to incur debt or contractually bind Cobb County unless specifically authorized by resolution of the Board of Commissioners. Committee members receive no compensation. The committee shall be deactivated effective December 31, 2014, unless specifically extended by formal action of the Board of Commissioners.
- Mike Boyce, BOC Chairman
- Bob Ott, Commissioner, District 2
- Sheriff Neil Warren, Elected Official
- Don Johnson, Citizen member
- Tim Hourigan, Citizen member
- Tom Charron, Superior Court Administrator